Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #209
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
Andy, that is a very fair question. Especially when you consider I don't have a precise answer. I do know one thing, though. The people responsible for that kind of action, on a consistent basis, are not your run-of-the-mill players. They are getting inordinate bets down, under the gun, consistently. Maybe it's just that I don't understand something? But, from where I stand, something just doesn't feel right. I mean, simulcasting has been going on for a long time. Wagering from home has been going on for quite a while. I just don't ever remember odds dropping at this rate. I understand your stance. You need proof. I have none.
It's hard for me to know if odds are changing considerably more than they did a few years ago, as I am so close to it that timing of change is sort of hard to decipher. Imagine a parent who may not specifically see a dramatic change that a relative will notice in a child that they haven't seen for a year or more. The parent sees the child every day, so notices minutia but not the grand change over a longer time period.

Batch betting has been going on for a long time. My understanding is that any of us could theoretically do it, and I am confident some here do, so I don't think that in any way implies chicanery.

No doubt the game is getting tougher. The CAW players are surely part of this. However, they are only part. The easy access to information that once was very arduous to uncover is another big part. Also, sophisticated players have perhaps shared concepts that once were not part of the mainstream. There are many factors involved ( not to discount CAW play ).
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)