Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #27948
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I've said this before. You cannot teach a pig to sing, and if you try you will irritate both yourself and the pig. You also run the risk of irritating those who are spectating, assuming they can't look away. If you believe you can continue to browbeat boxcar by telling him his beliefs are foolish and actually expect to have an impact, you are as foolish as you think he is.

There is nothing you can say that will make boxcar or his Sancho Panza, Greyfox, shift their beliefs. Not only has boxcar convinced himself he is right, he sees the people on this site as the evil ones sent to test his faith. If anything, he only digs in more firmly.

Suppose you are right. Suppose boxcar dies and that's it. Game over. He'll never know and you'll never know. How can that be of any importance?

It's really time to move along. You know the definition of insanity. If you keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result...
Halv, I'm not trying to alter anyone's beliefs...if my statements cause others to further strengthen their own beliefs, then that is great for them....I'm merely stating my own for my own edification....my writings strengthens my own beliefs and if others can be so opinionated as to offer the world their saving graces and magical systems, I might as well throw my own on the heap of historical buffoonery as well....I might as well participate in the grand adventure of egoism myself...why should god and his cherished devotees get all the attention....I might as well wrap myself in a burka of my own choosing....and prattle on about nonsense as well...it is really quite satisfying to know that I am always right about everything....

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)