Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #48
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
As the talent pool becomes more concentrated into the hands of a few I'd be concerned with the way races develop and the impact that has on the outcome. When everyone wants to ride for one trainer because let's say for example one trainer wins a large percentage of the triple crown races. The question then becomes what if anything does a rider have to do to break into that circle and stay in it... besides just being a good rider. We shouldn't have to worry about this and the better trainers do deserve the increased business but it's also not hard to see where things could potentially get shady.
This is where I think racing get especially difficult. Will riders not show speed on speed so as not to challenge the trainers other horse. Will horses be let thru on the rail because you have no horse and the other horse is for a trainer you would like to ride for or you are riding the trainers other horse. These are questions, the stewards should ask, but is that their job ? Also what should also be questioned are there jockeys in a race that don't challenge each other because of their relationship and who they are riding for. Without entries these are logical questions. I am not asking to have entries. At this point in racing it doesn't make much sense. All these questions are just part of the puzzle.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)