Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 08:50 AM   #23
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
Sure, these guys know it's part of the strategy, they take it into account, but, does it have to be that way? Wouldn't it be better if it was just about handicapping?

It seems like the leader gets put in a very disadvantageous situation. Of course sometimes the chalk wins and the leader holds on, I get that. But crucially, everyone behind the leader at the end has far more information than the leader had at any juncture. They know what they need to overtake him and bet accordingly. The tournament situation dictates their bets, they're not purely handicapping any more.

Is it not the case that if a longshot wins at the end of one of these, it's likely that the incumbent leader was surpassed? Because everyone in striking distance was correctly playing the bombers? I feel like the result of that race is actually too influential in the final outcome, because again, the bettors have so much information.

I stand by the idea that, not for the whole thing, but, for the final 'stretch run' of these tournaments, the results should not be publicized until the races are over, unless someone can tell me why that's a bad idea. And I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, I'm curious to learn more. I would like to take part in an event like this someday.
It depends on what you consider "stabbing". Are you advocating lowering the limit to 5 or 10-1 on the final day?
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)