Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 12:12 PM   #57
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
There you go again, you are always mocking folks. At least you are consistent with your 1 sentence. Not speaking for myself as I haven't bet Saratoga this meet and haven't bet it 5 times in my life, but when you make a change like limiting the crw's to not bet after the last 2 minutes, it is going to be a subtle change. It is not like people are going to instantly realize that the game is easier and better for them. Judging by your post I assume that is what you expect(ed).

They are still betting (I assume) they just aren't betting at the last second. I actually advised this very strategy at least once on this forum so glad that NYRA is taking some proactive measures to improve the game. Also what is not clear to me (based on ch's post) is when is there money showing up in the pools. Just because they bet at 2 minutes to post, does there money show up at 1.5 minutes to post, 30 seconds to post, perhaps after the bell? Does it vary depending on where they are betting? Ideally it would be instantaneously, because that will attract bettors to horses the whales aren't playing and boost handle by providing some betting opportunities that bettors did not know existed (eg the 4 goes from 8-1 to 12-1 and some folks who like the 4 now bet him because at 8-1 he wasn't worth a play, at 12-1 he is). If the money doesn't show up until after the race is off that only hurts the whales, but doesn't help the rest nearly as much.

Fwiw, from what I have seen on the keeping the crw's out of nyra $1 pick 6, even with the increased takeout on the carryover day, most of the payoffs on carryover days have been very good(it has only been a handful of days to my knowledge-I am pretty busy these days and not following it that much). I don't know how the handle/profit has been for nyra, but the advantage for horse players has been excellent from what I have seen.

Ps not posting for next 5 days so don't expect a response from me(not that you care) but your one liners are always welcome. I am sure I will find time to read 1 sentence.
It's OK. I had my eyes on other tracks.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)