Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #90
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Montilion View Post
Bay Meadows. Home. First time 1973 with my late Father. Mutuel clerk for a short time. Wrote the notes for the program when BM went briefly to an enlarged program. Though it was home, it was a tough place to beat for me. While full-time in NoCal in order of wager success it was GGF, fairs, then BM.

Stockton. Speaking of the fairs. Went there one time but it was a gold mine for years.

Vallejo. Was times back in the day that this place was so front speed bias that I would "white out" in my program any horse that did not have speed. Many times it was as easy as a simple two horse box.

In regards to bullrings late Ron Hansen was a master.

Now when it comes to the stewards they truly treat me in a negative manner.

Fairs were definitely gold mines in California before OTBs and simulcasting came around in the mid 1980's for a decent handicapper. Due to all the unschooled money wandering in you could get 5-1 on a horse that would normally be 5-2. If you had a horse the Racing Form or newspaper guys did not like you could hit some real nice prices. You could also catch horses that would take to the bullrings and beat horses they normally could not at the one mile tracks. If a person did not save forums or charts a person usually did not have access to that info.

I just went to the California Racing Fairs site, looks like there are only 4 left.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)