Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #187
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
I'm going, as I have the past many years, to help with the Equibase/Stats Race Lens booth/table. If I have to wear a mask all day I will because being there and interacting with people is my job. At least it will be this time, as I qualified for the 2022 NHC and so that will be a different job in five months.

Interacting with people is also something I enjoy doing and doing so with mask on is not a big deal.

I understand its no fun as I've worn one for hours on end in the local contests Keeneland holds at the Red Mile many weeks during the year and it was nice to have that come to an end recently. If it comes back, it comes back because personally I feel the opportunity is has more value than the temporary discomfort.

Most importantly, feel free to come by our table and say hi when you're there. I understand there will be a drawing for a 2022 NHC seat for the highest placed Stats Race Lens customer, with sign-ups through the first tournament race on Friday so please come by the table, sign up, and take a shot.
I requested and received a waiver to transfer my NHC entry to Jan 28-30 2022.

It really bums me out that I have to miss the August contest.

I was really looking forward to seeing old neighbors and playing both Del Mar and Saratoga as part of the tournament.

For me this has nothing to do with mask wearing for a long period. That's still part of my day to day life. Still wear them all the time.

My much bigger concern is the travel. Two planes, one an eight seater, the other completely full. Then rental car shuttles, counters, hotel front desks. Also the close proximity of the contest room.

This Delta Variant IMO is a total game changer. People are getting infected that are vaccinated. My friends Dr. Roper and Miller say even double masks are ineffective.

I want to live my life. I don't wish to live in fear. But why ask experts if I'm not going to take their advice?

HATE the call I had to make. But I made it.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)