Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Overkill

Basic Newbie Questions - Hong Kong, etc.

Hello all,

I am new (though apparently I first joined in 2017, but I dont remember). Please excuse any posting blunders such as posting in the wrong location, etc.

1) With regard to Hong Kong racing, if I make a $2 wager on, say, the 5-8 Quinela, and I win, lets say I profit $30. But what if instead I had wagered $10 (five $2 wagers) instead of $2 on the same Quinela, would I then profit roughly $150 ($30 X 5), or a lesser amount due to the nature of parimutual wagering (pools, etc.)?

2) Does however you answer the above question also apply to placing win bets?, place bets?, show bets?, trifecta bets?, superfecta bets? I don't suppose if I placed 5 $2 wagers on the, say, 5-8-1-6 straight superfecta, and it won, that I would receive five times ($100,000) what the $2 superfecta payout ($20,000) is, correct?

3) Do most folks on this forum not wager on Hong Kong races? Is it more difficult to do so from the U.S.? (I live in Missouri.).

4) For those familiar with Hong Kong racing, the posted "Dividends" are listed in Hong Kong dollars, but when I do the math utilizing the "Winning Odds" (e.g., 15-1 pays $32), that figure is not squaring with what I arrive at by simply converting the listed Hong Kong Dividend amount to US dollars. Any insight would be appreciated. By the way, is it correct to use "Winning Odds" to calculate dividends, or do I use some other figure such as odds just prior to the start of the race (or are these two the same thing?)?

Thank you in advance for any feedback/answers/suggestions, etc. And if possible, please reply in the following manner:

1) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

2) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

3) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

4) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)