Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 AM   #43
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Here's a serious question for you guys who might know better than me.

You guys that crow about these areas that voted so heavily for Trump but are now backing away from Republicans.

Why do you think that is?

Is it Trump? He's NOT any DIFFERENT then the guy they voted for...they GOT what they VOTED for, pretty much...wouldn't you say?

So what is it? The country is doing quite well by all metrics since Trump took office.

So what is it? Serious, serious question. I'd love to know.

I'm pretty sure you guys will come up with SOME answer...but I'm guessing deep in your gut, you have not a clue why this would happen.

There is absolutely zero valid reason for it. My guess is, somehow, someway, the Dems are way more motivated than Republicans...and they are getting out the vote way more effectively...and perhaps creating lots of votes, somehow, along the way.

But there will never be a special counsel investigating that kind of election tampering...no sir.

Russia spook, on the other hand...that gets a special counsel...some ads on Facebook and Twitter gets a special counsel...

LULZ
Part of this is just the normal circadian rhythm of American politics. The party in power loses seats in off year elections. That has been going on our entire lives. This year is no different.

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters. I’m done getting in useless arguments here so you’ll just have to take my word that despite how you and many others feel, more of the country dislikes his leadership.

As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)