Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
Big Peps

Tend to agree, you are seeing it more and more, people and organizations buying into horses that have already proven to be on the Derby Trail and Oaks trail for that matter.

There are the wealthy owners that are teaming up and doing this more and more, I couldn't even tell you the real owner of Justify actually is or at least the majority owner. wasn't exagerrator bought and sold, and split into ownership pieces like 3-4 times?

Then you have the syndicates who are buying into proven horses that are on the derby trail and Oaks trail and then publicly going out there and selling the experience of how exciting it is to be part of the process and "YOU TOO COULD BE PART OF THIS for as little as 1%" Good luck with that. All I see is the heads of these organizations basking in the limelight and going along for the ride. The shareholders have zero say and I get it but they aren't putting their own money up just using others and strutting around as if they are the brainchild. Really weird actually, seems strange to me.

In addition, now we have all these bloodstock people hanging around for the life of the horse basking in the glory, funny how their misses never get advertised or pointed out, the seven figure European horse that flops, etc etc.

It all a circus and a bunch of social media BS. Kind of sad really. Same 4-5 trainers as well. Brad Cox is next or already is... ( Pletcher, Baffert, Brown, O'Neil) How long do you think we will see the four Pletcher horses campaigning? Most all seem to disappear shortly after their 3 year old season? ODD

I think Mick Ruis is over his head trying to train a triple crown horse but at least it's his $, his horse and you know where you are at. Now you can't even figure out the ownership group for most of these horses. You just aren't seeing the smaller trainer very much at all with a special horse at the HUGE races anymore, granted they were always 1 or 2 of 12 in a race but those horses are getting bought as soon as they show ability

Love the game and the player... this new movement? hate, hate hate, hate it. Partners in racing use to be 2-3 buddies or families that threw there money together and went along for the ride. They still start like that quite often but the good ones don't make until January of their 3 YO season without some whale buying in.. Can't blame the original owners really but it's getting old quickly.

Give me Saratoga on a Monday over any of these HUGE racing days. Just can't take it anymore, I know it's not great for the game just me ranting I guess. Ton of really good trainers out there as well who will never get a shot. Must suck

Last edited by Big Peps; 05-15-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)