Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:50 AM   #45
proximity

day 1: no reservations....

ok poker fans it's time once again for our annual VEGAS VACATION and united flight 461 from dulles is in the air.

usually i take a football magazine to read on the plane but these 2018 colts are just too depressing. is this group really favored over cincinnati?? sure pagano's gone and luck is back under center but how is this defense going to stop ANYONE?

instead i take a crossword magazine and my experience as a gambler both helps me and hurts me on the puzzles.

hurts: i immediately pencil in "steph" for a five letter word for "animal trainer beatty." (of course the "y" indicates that the answer is clyde)

helps: i never know who directs movies but "norma rae director martin" has to be "ritt" which i only know from wearing out jerry okuneff's handicapping expo 93 tape (turning professional(!!!)) on my hundreds of mid 90s trips to mid -atlantic tracks and otbs.

"how can you just sit there race after race and not bet?" mr okuneff asked director ritt..... who POUNDED the table and exclaimed "I REFUSE TO BE A FOOL!!"

it's a vacation but hopefully i'll be able to show at least some fraction of that discipline here in vegas...... but first i'll need a room.

"we don't have a reservation for any proximity," says a nice young woman when i finally reach the counter (the diamond lounge is closed for the night).

"but i come to bally's every year to go to the blu pool and write important poker posts on paceadvantage.com" i plead.

five minutes later she finds proximity and the gambling is underway!!

no poker tonight but i grind out $6 profit on the slots over at the mirage; the same place where jerry okuneff and our other handicapping heros gathered a quarter century ago and made those tapes that kept us company on so many lonely trips to and from our tracks.

game (none)
trip ----- (0-0)

Last edited by proximity; 09-05-2018 at 01:51 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement