Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Check the meaning for the description of moderator before you chime in. A little less Groucho and a lot more Harpo would validate his job as "moderator". Like to see a moderator on a televised event force his opinion on everyone that does not rub him right, and tell them their comments are "bullshit". My suggestion to "stow it" was much kinder than his post, and a little more correct.
I've owned sites with forums, and no one ever expected the moderators to be moderate. Quite the contrary. I also believe you've seriously misconstrued the definition of an internet forum moderator with that of a political debate moderator. They are quite different in function. A more apt comparison would be with a news program on Fox or CNN. The moderators there are hardly moderate.

Besides, Mike owns the site, and is not a moderator. He should receive some editorial leeway, even when he barrels into a thread and gets his panties in a bunch. I do see your point to a degree (groucho vs harpo), but it is his perogative to do so.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)