Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: BRAD COX
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
GMB@BP

Someone said that trainer percentages are much higher than historically, and the higher percentage may be an indication that drugs are rampant.

I do think there definitely people who are breaking the rules, but I actually think its gone down from say 10 years ago where there was just a large group of trainers flaunting it (like we saw with Navarro last year), and nothing was being done about it.

Its still there but I dont see it as much as before. I know in socal there are very few trainers I openly question what they are doing.

I do believe all barns are keeping up with whatever the overall group does, and if that blurs the lines of legal then I think they see it as part of the business. This is not administering snake oil or the other bullcrap that was going on but more what we saw from Ron Ellis, trying to bend the rules as much as possible.

But part of the reasons why trainers have larger win percentages as a group...they run their horses less and only when conditions are perfect. They run in smaller fields under perfect scenarios.

I dont think the information age, and social media helps the situation. High end horses have much more to lose with losses than they don wins now. A loss by a top horse would just be a loss not "so disappointed in", the horse is "so overrated", "I told you the horse is no good"...Instead of running 3 weeks later in the next logical spot they wait 60-90 days for that perfect race.

So does Brad Cox cheat, maybe, I dot follow him. I am just saying a 30% winning percentage is not the same as it used to be.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)