Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: DONE WITH NYRA
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
sounds like a bad experience. One thing I was confused by in the original post was he said you guys had to go play at Aqueduct, but then you said later on that Belmont is opening for simulcast?

Is it a particular special room at Belmont they're closing but the rest of the place stays open?

Never been to Belmont so don't know the lay of the land.
Great question, my fault. Belmont created a first floor simulcasting area for 7 day simulcasts. Hate to say it but you can barely walk 4 feet without being disgusted repulsed or smell someone. Same goes for aqueduct.

Belmont has a really nice players club for clients who wager 300,000 a year or more. It is manned by security, an attendant who is there for all your needs and all players know each other real well. It has assigned seating, you face the paddock (and the sun) and have glass windows not thick dark walls. If you feel like taking a walk to the back yard to tan between races, you can. If you want to walk to the apron and just hang out , you can. You can do all this while your belongings ($1000 lap top, notes, cell phone) are safe in that air conditioning sun filled room.

You don't have that feeling of security and comfort at the Aqueduct version of this room. Aqu is available via public transportation (subway and bus) and has that disgusting racino attached to it so it attracts all sort of scum.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)