Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #143
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
Fun but weird game last night. Saw the first half and game back for the end of 4Q. Two things seemed to stand out: GSW didn't take this game completely seriously - lots of behind-the-back passes and circus shots - bizarre in a WCF game -- also, haven't seen Curry since the last Spurs game, but he looks to be at about 70% of his usual game. Throughout the game, he seemed unable to make his usual sharp cuts, and especially in the second half, seemed a step slow, although by usual measures, his stat line was good. There were some comments re inability of GSW to hit shots in 4Q, but it seemed to me that the real problem was that, due to injury, Curry was slow enough so that he couldn't get open, much less draw a double-team, and their offense is greatly dependent on his ability to kick out to open shooters when double-teamed. If Curry can't get open more easily than what I saw last night, OKC will take this.

Re OKC, not a great shooting night for KD/WB - 33%, and it's becoming clearer to everyone that Adams' ability to score in addition to RB is the new differential for them. I don't know what the stat is on WB's drives to the hoop, where he either scores, gets fouled, or dishes to Adams for an easy bucket, but it's got to be ca. 1.9 per attempt. It seems to me that Bogut plays this situation much better than Ezeli, who becomes a foul-machine vs. WB. If Bogut's minutes are limited by injury, could be tough for GSW.

BTW, nobody has said much about the free-throw differential - 32-17 in favor of OKC, KD/WB - 51 shots, 21 free throws, Curry/KT - 47 shots, 2 free throws - yeah, I know GSW guys take a lot of jump shots, but that's ridiculous.

If this game meant anything, does this mean OKC is an unappreciated 75-win team?
The Warriors, for the most part, always play like this though. It just didn't work yesterday. I'll watch the game again tomorrow because I probably wasn't watching Curry closely off the ball. He seemed ok to me but maybe he is a little slow. Interesting thought.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)