Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 05:19 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You did a Charlie Harper from 2 and 1/2 men, your butt was in a sling just being the best man.

Since we had limo service from doorstep to doorstep all the groomsmen stated drinking at breakfast and had a long night the night before. Do you know how hard it is to untie a ring laying on a pillow with a ribbon in a shoelace knot with an already high blood alcohol? Even shutting one eye, I was getting close to pulling out my pocket knife. I asked that whomever was doing the ring on the pillow to leave it loose.

The maid of honor, the bride's sister and I did not get along. This was a friend who lived across the street, his sister in law would visit often when she was pissed at her live in boyfriend. Even though I was single and free I had no interest in her, sick of listening to her whine about her boyfriend. She was easy on the eye, but should have come with a warning label. She blamed me for the condition of the groomsmen and the groom. I think the revenge was the ring knot.

I could drink enough at the time to float a battleship and still be functional,
the groom was the opposite. I knew him to never have more than two drinks, so I had no idea the issues when he went beyond that, oops! I just kind of stayed overly close in case he was about to keel over. He made it to the end, he did not take another drink after we arrived at the church till the reception ended.

That marriage lasted 10 years, I am sure her family's hate for me lives on 30 years after the wedding.

» Advertisement