Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 04:15 PM   #49
MJC922

Yea it's probably difficult for most folks to wrap their head around initially but after a while it sinks in and then it's not too bad. In this example it's just four factors that I put into the mix, fr1, 2, 3, then a morning line rank for the fourth one.

Basically if you look at Crypto Mama in row 31, the rank of the horse's FR1 in that specific race was a 2 so then when you go over to Column Q the FR1_Val formula will pull in the value that's in Cell G3 because that's where 2nd rank's value for the first FR is located. If the rank were a 3 it would be looking in the next cell down in G4. When you run solver it's optimizing these yellow shaded values in order to maximize the number of winners in the sample, that is we're maximizing the value in cell T2. Find the weights using evolutionary that will give me the most winners in this sample with a positive ROI. That's what we're asking of solver. You could maximize on U2 instead (WPCT) or V2 (ROI), etc, there are some constraints I've set that you may want to change as far as that goes, I think I required at least 200 bets as one of the constraints and a positive ROI as another constraint. Column U is the average of the four factors for each horse. The horse with the highest average within each race then gets a ranking of 1 and becomes a 'bet'.

Last edited by MJC922; 11-11-2022 at 04:24 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)