View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
"Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream"
It's an article that defines exactly what is going on in many places. I have seen it in Baltimore, Charlotte and now Dallas. We actually hire people. We have to compete with other businesses. We see the pool grow and contract. It's worse now than it's ever been. It appears that illegals are having no problem getting paperwork to work in the U.S. now. Everybody has the appropriate paperwork. Very rarely do we find forged Doc's anymore.

This morning my wife had 20 apps to review for an 8.00 an hour job washing dishes. The restaurant next door pays min wage for that job, and they have no shortage of applicants. Most are Hispanic. Our kitchen is 75% black. They are paid more. But when the guy next door is paying less, he has an advantage. The market is getting worse for low end workers. Historically young blacks.

The underground market is getting worse too. Not a week goes by that someone doesn't knock on my door offering to cut my grass etc for less than the guy who is already doing it. How is an extra 300k young people in Texas and Arizona going to change things? I can bet it will be easy to predict. 90k came into Texas in the last ninety days. Some went to Oklahoma. It's going to hurt people. Young people. Minorities more than others. You can't flood a State with that many young people looking for work and it not have some kind of repercussions.

It will hurt those willing to work and overburden State resources. Welfare, WIC, 911, Police and Fire etc. all will feel it. The poor will suffer the most.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)