Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #151
luisbe

Mike Watchmaker:
"It’s going to take a long time to get over that video taken at Monmouth of trainer Jorge Navarro and one of his owners, the incredibly offensive one that has led to fines and Navarro being barred from racing at a few tracks. Many might never forget it, and I get that. In the meantime, the whole sordid affair is a good illustration of why you sometimes have to completely separate your feelings for a horse from your feelings for the people behind that horse.

Enter Sharp Azteca. He is a brilliant, top-class miler who can go a little shorter or a little longer when circumstances require it, and he was sensational again on Saturday in winning the Grade 2 Kelso Handicap at Belmont.

At times, Sharp Azteca has done some legitimately monstrous things. On his day, I think Sharp Azteca can win any race from seven furlongs to 1 1/16 miles, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he could excel at six furlongs, too, if that ever became his focus.

Sharp Azteca is trained by Jorge Navarro. I am a big fan of Sharp Azteca, the horse."
luisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)