Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 PM   #350
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
If you're talking about R8 at TDN on 05-29-2017...

Runup is listed in the chart at 32 feet.

Based on that - and timing from video - which imho is far from ideal because you end up eyeballing/making an educated guess based on camera angle as to the exact moment the leader reaches the poles - I clocked the opening half in 46.60 something -- about 1/5th slower than the 46.40 the replay video shows. (There's also the chance that the video is playing at something other than actual/real life speed.)

That said, I'm willing to accept that the times shown on the video are correct.

I'm thinking it's likely the times are N/A on the current version of the chart because of a data entry error.

-jp

There is actually a comment that says "Fractional times unavailable due to lack of posting". Those are manually entered, never seen that one before. Equibase is checking into it.

As for video timing, just an FYI, if you get a good frame of reference from races with times you trust, timing is a lot easier backing up from the finish to the start and checking that way.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most