Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Teach

My late father used to say, when it came to punishment: “Let the patch fit the crack!” My father’s belief: There are degrees of punishment when it comes to transgressions.

I ask: “What is it that Malcolm Butler did that caused him to be humiliated in front of thousands at the field and millions watching on TV? Did he strike a coach? Did he commit an immoral act? Was his act that heinous that he was forced to sit out the entire game (with the exception of a special teams appearance) on the Patriots sideline.

Why not bench him for the entire first quarter, or even the first half, but the entire game?

In my opinion, Coach Belichick has to have had "a hair across his ass" when it came to Malcolm Butler, even if it meant the Patriots losing the Superbowl. Yet, can we dig deeper?

Was it just Butler, or is there an obscure, deep-seated issue? Is Butler just the scapegoat? Is he the symbol of a festering problem? Only Bill Belichick knows that.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement