Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: PAIHL - Chatter
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #59
kingfin66
Bombardier

Personally, I am fine with the ruling that Ted, etal made. My only wish is that the rulings, if they are to be made "in the spirit of the game," be applied consistently. In the Pick 4 contest, there was an issue with the scoring when a horse scratched at the gate. As a result, many players had the post time favorite and hit the pick 4 multiple times. An error with the charts, however, resulted in an initial ruling that the players who were affected would not get credit. The ruling by Ted in that contest was that the rules would be strictly enforced. There was no "spirit of the rules" interpretation. It was only after one of the players contacted Equibase to get the chart error fixed that the points were credited.

Some of the comments I have seen in this and the other thread are, to be honest, rather appalling. The thing is, if the rules were applied consistently this thread would not even be necessary. It is supposed to be a fun contest so why not just keep it that way. Along those lines, I would suggest revising the rules to add something to that effect and that rulings will be made in "the spirit of the game" and that common sense and fair play shall prevail. I would also suggest the dog and pony show of being required to confirm that we have read and understand the rules. The proverbial horse has, in fact, left the barn. Any future transgressions by any teams in this contest should be treated just as the those that occurred in weeks 2 and 4. That is the only way to keep things fair at this point.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)