Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #35
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My wife and I were talking about this today, what was the norm in the 70s will get you fired today, on the spot. Personally I can trace the largest differences in an office environment (in my neck of the woods) back to the mid 90s when Clinton's acts were coming forth to the public. While he was overall a popular potus, his behavior turned people off.

Lot of changes were made in that timeframe where I worked, HR had policies in place, but never enforced much unless the Creep Factor was too much to ignore...That all changed about 20-25 yrs ago, you violate policy, you were walked out. Not sure why the entertainment and teevee industry is behind the times in this regard
It was about 20 years ago that Smith Barney got sued for the "Boom Boom Room" up in Garden City, NY. Sexual harassment on steroids. How that whole issue got contained to the financial industry at the time is quite amazing. It must have been just a deep in politics and entertainment then as is being discovered now.

I predict this will shift over to the private sector and large companies to wipe it off the front pages of Hollywood and DC. You know those evil millionaires and billionaires and their binders of woman.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)