Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Risen Star
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #15
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I tried to get the Santa Cruiser into the exotics. I was disappointed in his effort. He was well beaten by the top 3 finishers in his previous race, but he got squeezed at the start and dropped far back in that race on a track that may have been mildly biased towards horses that were up close early in a race that flowed heavily towards the front. I thought he'd be a lot closer early yesterday and finish among that top group. He had a wide trip, but I didn't see much else. I have to watch all the replays.
I went down with Santa Cruiser also.
Needless to say, i was disappointed in his race as well.
I think he got a bad ride (again) on Saturday...he needs a jockey that will put him in the race early. He has the pace figs to be among the early leaders but Beschizza chose to settle off the pace. He was 4-5 wide on the first turn, which is death on a tight turning track like FG.
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here, and this colt isn't much, but I'd love to see what he can do against Stakes runners if given the ride i think he needs.
Sadly though, i think his Derby trail ended over the weekend, and his connections may seek easier competition.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)