Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:07 AM   #26
Poindexter

So basically we now have a 20 cent non jackpot pick six. I like that idea, I think I posted that should be done about 2 or 3 years ago. Eliminating Caw just keeps it limited to regular players. It would be like having a big poker tournament and having an amateur only table. I wonder how interested these groups are in the wager anyhow now that there is no carryover. My guess is they do not care one bit that they are excluded from these pools.

I think NYRA, should take it one step further and make it a 10% takeout(other ideas would be seed the pool or a lone ticket bonus-I think they have done that for the late pick 5) Really entice people to bet it and create a great betting opportunity for joe public. Also it should not be on the same races as the late pick 5. It should be on races 3 to 8.

All that being said the problem that these caw bettors create, largely because of their huge rebates (I honestly do not care about CAW, but I do care about them getting big rebates on top of their being able to bet as they do) , is still there. They may not be in the $100,000 pick six pool or $300,000 late pick 5 pool now, but they certainly are in the other 7.5 to 11.5 million bet each day (or whatever the figure is). So while I am glad they are at least aware and are talking about the problems created by caw bettors this does basically nothing to solve the problem. It is a tiny baby step in the right direction.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)