Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #23
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
According to Equibase, O. J. has been MIA for about 2 months. His winning percentage in 2020 is 18%, a career high. Has be bulked up a bit? Last time I saw him in person, he looked quite frail and weak. Another rider, Logan, also fits that description. They both have difficulty in controlling horses on turns and keeping them straight when pumping in the stretch.

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack MVR thread. No comment on that topic.

RR
For covid-related reasons, you can't swing a dead cat in mnr's jock's room without hitting some rider whose career has done a full Lazarus. Be skeptical.

As to the rider in question, I can't recall him NOT breaking on his mount's mouth. When he's in a race, you know who is going to break last. He takes a tight hold once underway, so when other horses tire (on the turn) and his still has run, his solution is to ski on the reins to avoid running over somebody. No judgement on his courage, just an observatoon: He takes extra pains out there to look out for himself. Everything else is a much lower priority.

His one saving grace is that, despite his poor form on a horse, they DO run for him. A lot. He just has that certain knack. But to say I'm not a fan would be putting it very mildly.

The other jock you referenced is a nice kid, but a complete non-factor at Mnr.

Last edited by mountainman; 12-16-2020 at 11:36 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)