Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
The notion of setting out to have the only correct ticket on any type of wager seems unfathomable to me. But then again, I didn't like the whole "there can be only one" plot in The Highlander much, either.

The mind attains a certain calm, btw, when one ceases to fear sounding like a dinosaur. That comes with age. LOL.
If a syndicate has tote info, into who isn't covered, and a huge bankroll, they can take some calculated risks to scoop in the days between a carryover buildup and the final mandatory day.

Personally, I'm rooting for some small player who played some 'numbers' or built a ticket from a long shot that they really liked, and then got very lucky.

I've seen some in the past where a celebrated small ticket was later revealed to have been one of many tickets in a deep coverage series of tix by syndicate players.

The closest I've ever been to a 'lucky' ticket was a couple of years ago, during Pimlico's abbreviated meet. I think it was about a 28-1 shot, and I had the double, and thought I was smart for taking a flyer on the Pick-3. Then I was surprised to see that only 2 tickets cashed in the P5? and no one played the P6, both hittable w/ otherwise solid handicapping. (would've could've...)

Total 'Lotto' ticket most other days if I were to have guessed with a few strange horses in a sequence.

I haven't even gone back to the charts of this Mahoning sequence, to see the prices that happened to come in, and watch the races.

I think I'm a brontosaurus.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)