Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #9
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
As to your third sentence, there is absolutely no one alive who would be profitable taking 2-1 on 5-1 shots they liked, so your logic shows you're probably not a winning player. The fact that people are willing to play into ridiculous takeouts just because "there's a horse I like" is why tracks can throw these predatory bets at us and we just fall in line because "jackpot".
I’m a very conservative bettor in that I handicap an entire card and if a horse does not meet my 5 star rating for a flat bet then I pass. Usually no matter what the odds be it even money or 10-1 etc I will bet 50WP. Keep in mind I usually end up making only 2-3 flat bets a week but last year for instance I had positive ROI on flat betting. Nothing huge but close to 1k. I know guys who will bet every race multiple tracks and they lose thousands year after year. You have to pick your spots like I do or this game will eat you alive. Those predatory bets ( as you call them) can be very lucrative to a small player like myself if you have the patience to wait for the mandatory pay off days.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)