Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #7
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
I like to bet the MV pick 6 but only do so early before the pool grows and on the mandatory pay out day. I’ve hit several times but nothing more then like 6-7k. The tickets I’ve put together are no more then 100 bucks so to me I’m very well ahead of the game. I have one big issue and I’ve mentioned it on here before: They refuse to show the will pays going into the last race. I’ve called the mutuel department a few times and the response I was given is they do not show the will pays because of possible pool manipulation. They won’t explain what they mean by that.

If your looking for a track that pays out the majority of a pick 6 pool as a consolation then look to Tampa Bay. They only carry over 20%. I played a $21 dollar ticket last week and got back like 660.00 for 5/6 with two consolation tickets. I thought that was incredible considering the odds of the 5 horses I picked.

Lastly, I know this is probably a canned type response but it comes as simple as it sounds. If you don’t like the rules of the wager just don’t play it. Good luck !

Churchill Downs (and I think Turfway as well now) has the ideal pick 6 jackpot setup in my opinion - 20c min, 15% takeout & 10% jackpot takeout, no consolation payouts to 5 of 6 if all 6 races go un-hit. That means every day you're getting a fair takeout rate on a standard pick 6, the ability to spread with a 20c base & a chance to take down an extra jackpot. It pains me that this pool size is usually a pittance compared to the other less gambler-friendly jackpot wagers available.

Your response that an extra 10% of takeout won't affect your bets if you really like a horse is fair, but we're talking 76% takeout here!! If your 7-1 shot paid off at 7-5 I don't think you'd like that horse any more, let alone you wouldn't like betting on horses period. That 7-1 vs 7-5 payout is the actual difference between 20% takeout & 76% takeout.

There is no way in hell I would touch this bet on a regular day, but I'll absolutely be waiting in anticipation of its mandatory payout.

Last edited by SG4; 12-09-2020 at 11:49 PM.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)