Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Unfortunately this is why tracks won't be cutting takeout. Bob is upset that the track doesn't show willpays but is OK with an effective 76% takeout. Sadly, it appears he isn't alone.

I know there is a member here that started a campaign of lies that I favor higher takeouts. I have fought against these jackpot bets from the start and at any and all opportunities. There are a number of reasons for this. One is that the carryovers are built on the backs of small players and then scooped up by the big players on mandatory payout days. Another is that they effectively take significant money out of circulation for sometimes significant periods of time. In other words they are the anti-churn wager. But maybe most importantly is that they demonstrate that many players aren't even the slight bit concerned about takeout, and this will effectively counter the argument that lower takeouts should at least be studied. It's a pretty unfortnate confluence of events.
If I look at a card or a particular race and find a great betting opportunity I will never let the tracks take out percentage scare me off of the play. It is almost like saying you have a lock on a horse but because the odds dropped from 5-1 to 2-1 you decide not to play it. If I’m confident enough in a bet and a track takes out 5-10% more then at others who cares? I still win. BTW The great Andy Beyer recommends betting those gimmic pick 6 races only on the mandatory pay off days which is what I do the majority of the time. He also favors the pick 5 over the 6 and I totally agree. Not showing the will pays is a different topic altogether. It’s just odd they are the only track that does this.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)