Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
I agree, our widest and most well-kept turf courses, which I will limit to Laurel and Arlington, use a temporary rail that gets moved every weekend and that’s it. No deviations. Obviously AP does it for the Million

In regards to the post about Hialeah, I disagree. American racing now, maybe even more than ever, needs its Crown Jewels like this to be running legitimate meets with class. GP, regardless of its $10MM purse race and million foot tall statue, will never have the class of Hialeah. It’s still standing, it’s been remodeled, get a landscaper out there for a weekend and put it on HD while we are all locked in our houses.
Actually Laurel uses multiple rail settings most days they have turf racing. But they keep it two most days. Laurel doesn't have nearly as long a meet when they can run on turf so it isn't as much of an issue.

Arlington also uses multiple rail settings on many days, but similar to Laurel, the meet isn't that long so it isn't as bad.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)