Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyronva View Post
These are probably easy questions to answer and hopefully not too dumb.

I go to the track (Pimlico & Laurel Park) only a few times a year and I put down win, place & show bets as well as exactas here and there. All I'm asking is, for example: in a given race, where can I see up-to-date pool $ amounts and # of $2 bets for say, a place bet? Is it on a tote anywhere? If not, is it available in the DRF (which of course would only be up-to-date for press time)?

Secondly, after the fact, where could I go online to see these #s? Is there a universal source or does this tend to be track-specific?

Thanks -

B
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...x.html?SAP=NBC

The Equibase historical charts database is free to use. Here is last years chart for the Preakness. Unfortunately the WPS pool total is combined so you cannot make the per bet calculations you need.

You can calculate for the individual exotic pools but not WPS because of the combined totals. I am not aware of any vendor charts that will provide separate totals for win, place and show pools. Separate pool totals with payoffs may be available from someone but idk.

If you had the payoffs and specific pool totals you could make the calculations to return what you are asking for. I don't have another idea on how to get that past info. A live tote display that returns percentage of pools may give you an opportunity to record the info for yourself before the race is official.

To make a per bet calculation use a pool total then subtract the % of track takeout then divide by the payoff. You will have the number of dollars per base wager amount. Not difficult calcs but much easier if you could find this work completed. Good luck.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)