Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #8
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
just had the old one replaced because the water company said they test them for efficiency, but they don't let you know if there was an issue per the installer. New one seems to be working fine, I will purchase some of the water companies stock today as my first bill came in and it is 11% higher than the previous month.
See if this helps any:
I live in central NJ and was forced to have a new water meter installed (I held the town at bay for about 2 years because they insisted I call a plumber to replace some leaking (rusted?) pipe right next to the meter and they didn't want to be responsible if the pipe broke. i told them just do it and I'll be responsible.. No way Jose; not hiring a plumber. So I finally got a letter and huge bill/fine since I did not have the new meter installed yet after all this time. If I had the new meter installed by a certain date, the town would erase the fine. Ok Mr meterman, come in and install it (he wasn't complaining at all about the leaking pipe which really wasn't leaking as it just had some very old water spots under it from years ago.) The installation took about 5 minutes and the pipe was very sturdy.

I questioned the meter guy about the new meter compared to the old meter and he said the old ones were inaccurate and people were getting gypped. (actually, the town was getting gypped). The new meter counts almost every drop of water that passes thru it so if you have a tiny leak in your bathroom or faucet or whatever, the new accurate meter will count it and it adds up. The old meters were too old to advance the digits when a tiny flow of water was present.

My bill did go up slightly (same water rate, but more water was used) Just go to your new meter and write down the numbers all the way to the .01 of a gallon (yes, the new ones in NJ are that precise). Flush a toilet and record the numbers again after the toilet refills. If you see ANY increase, then you may have a leaking bowl/toilet or whatever device you turned on. The town is now making more money. The next year the bastards raised the rate so everyone got screwed anyway. Hope this helped and sorry it was so lengthy.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)