Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This is the worst part:

"Neither the CHRB – whose medical director is Dr. Rick Arthur -- nor the Breeders’ Cup ordered Ellis to scratch. The decision was left to Ellis and Masochistic’s owners."

Basically just flipped the bird to bettors here.
I'm not following how its an f-u to bettors. The horse ran and finished second and bettors were paid.

Isn't it more of a massive f-u to the other owners. Defrong went wire-to-wire. But if Massochistic had dueled him into defeat and it turned out he tested positive and was essentially a non-runner how would you feel?

I know this forum is bettors centric but if any people should be livid it should be the other owners.

Btw... I personally don't feel anyone should be upset by this but the owners kinda have a case.

However I do think given Ellis knew their was a chance the horse was going to test positive and had an option to scratch and rolled the dice and lost. Given that coupled with its a championship race he deserves a punishment above and beyond.

Personally I think he banned from running horses in at least one Breeders Cup.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)