Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #13
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
I feel like the inner turf and the Widener are night and day different at Belmont ....no stats or anything but it usually seems hard to rally wide on the inner and the Widener is just the opposite and you want to be wide turning for home ...

In regards to the strangling ....if anything these jocks should be strangling on the dirt! The rail and the first couple paths have been like quicksand at belmont and the pace setters have been nowhere to be found ....i once again don't have data but belmont dirt seems to be anti speed and dead rail more times than not over years
The only issues with Belmont turf races are the one mile in the inner and 8.5f races on the Widener. Inside posts seem to be disadvantaged at those distances.
Now, strangling. I don't see that.
When a horse wants to go and is throwing his head about or has a choppy action, yes the rider is trying to control a horse that wants to run off.
Most often though, I see horses on the front end of routes relaxed and smooth gaited. Nothing wrong with that.
The way I see it is the jocks laying off the pace can do whatever they want. If they think the pace is too slow, they can go to the front and make a faster pace.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)