Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #14
pele polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I agree with what you wrote, and this is more of a minor issue than a major issue, but I have to disagree with the neighborhoods part.

lots of Pimlico neighborhood stories to go around

my most recent = I was Ubering(driving) from the Preakness for the $40/trip guarantees, and after a baffling move by local police to shut down a main drag, (and as a result have heavy traffic flow through a local neighborhood), I found my car surrounded by a gang of teens who began beating on it. Initially I thought a brick had hit my driver's-side window behind my head. I escaped with my life and avoided running them over, up an alley and down a 1-way street...

I'm not anti-pimlico, but the neighborhoods and location in general(traffic situation/restaurants/hotels) is certainly worse than Laurel.
Sorry to hear that and not to belittle your situation but there are two routes out of pimlico leading to major highways that don't involve going through the tough neighborhoods. If you're traveling south of the track, behind the backside, that seems to be the "hottest" area.

I actually like both tracks but prefer pimlico for live racing. My main point is that I don't see how Laurel is so much better as many seem to think. I'm sure a lot of it comes from the horsemen and can't blame them there.

Last edited by pele polo; 07-06-2016 at 12:17 PM.
pele polo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)