Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
I'm in a discussion with someone about American Pharoah and what if any effect shipping from CA to The Graveyard had on him. I think it had zero effect alone, that it was the challenged pace and maybe one flight too many after the cumulative racing. I thought I could find stats on horses shipping in from CA but have found nothing thus far. Does anyone have the state or any comments in general?
He lost bc Frosted took it to him and Victor battled him the entire way instead of maybe relaxing AP ...i would never fault a rider for being too agressive with the best horse but I think maybe had he let Frosted go and sit off him it might have been a different result?
I don't know if all of the travel affected him or not...it probably did like it does in all sports....the golden state warriors play better at home then they do in Cleveland and the Patriots play better at home than they do in Denver ....anyway I'm still salty no other speeds went to the Classic in fear of AP....i know everyone wanted to see Liam's Map and AP hook up including myself but they put the horse in the best spot for a win and I can never fault an owner or trainer for that ...btw I thought Liam's Map BC mile was thr most impressive race all last yr...but anyways I digress....why not a horse like Private Zone take a shot against AP in the classic last yr? No way AP would have engaged him early going 10 furs ... PZ could have had an easy lead and maybe kept going...i hate taking anything away from AP bc he was one hell of a race horse but I was sad to see how many horses ducked him last fall at Keeneland
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)