Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I've turned some heavy hitters (At NYRA) on to wagering at Emerald Downs the past few years.

I'm going to quote some amazing words that were said:

Holy Sheet, look at these guys ride from the gate!!

Wow, there isn't a single horse being pulled or grabbed at all day!!!

Is that what an all out hell bent duel is???

Look at the aggression with which these guys ride with!

Not saying NYRA doesn't have this, not NYRA bashing. However, as a dedicated NYRA follower, I expect a top quality product and quite honestly, I have not had any complaints about the Belmont meet. I have seen mostly hard/competitive rides with very few, if any, shenanigans.

But it goes to show you just how much the product has almost desensitized even the most hardcore of players ($500K-$2MM a year in handle). These players were INVIGORATED while watching a race at Emerald Downs, as opposed to a NYRA race.

I say this as there has to reach a point where NYRA protects their product. Watching 3 relatives who live together and ride together (with others very close to them-Cornelio/Javier/Angel Cruz last year) is not what a true horseplayer wants to see day in and day out.

It's just too friendly out there.

Yes, I am speaking about PRIOR performance. Not recent performance as I have had no issues in the past 2 months with the race riding (for the most part).

In any game with money involved, integrity is paramount.
I think the difference in aggressive riding has a lot more to do with the purses at the various tracks than it does collusion. There are lots of reasons not to be aggressive in New York.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement