Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 10:42 AM   #26
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk View Post
Being more selective has turned into very little action. People who have participated daily over the course of years are going to find a better way to spend their time.
I agree with you 100%.

My approach is not to know a little about everything. It’s to try to know a lot about a few things. I focus on certain types of races using certain techniques and stick with that. I think that gives me my best chance of winning. I don’t even bother looking at a lot of races and even days anymore. But within the races I do look at, there are fewer opportunities because the fields are smaller and there is better information out there. I include in that some very good podcasts informing other players.

I do a LOT of work for a small return and the satisfaction of seeing a plus sign. I’m getting closer to the age where I’m going to conclude there are better things to do with my life. Then I’ll just follow the sport.

I don’t have a solution for it. The economics of the sport are terrible compared to alternatives.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-01-2023 at 10:46 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)