Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 12:23 AM   #14
PalaceOfFortLarned

Doubt I'm saying anything ground-breaking here, but the look to be the true contenders, and I'd be fairly surprised if they don't make up the Trifecta.

Maybe Ricardo/Asmussen can spring life into the Harlocap who got caught up into the Risen Star early speedfest and make a better showing here? Not buying it.

Of the contenders, I think the Two Eagles River gets a bit of a tactical advantage with the post, and his penchant for being closer to the front. His pace figs aren't all that brilliant though for a horse stretching out and going up in class. And for one that started out at 5F, the 9F distance has to be a serious question. His overall figs are supposedly as good as any, and feels like a 'wise guy' horse.

Angle of Empire got pretty much a dream trip in the Risen Star, and I still think was lucky to win. He could have easily finished 3rd or even 4th. Not completely sold yet, but hard to argue with the barn and rider, and feels like a must include in EXs.

Rocket Can, how can you doubt Mott dragging him from Florida here after he looked like a winner in the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream, only to see Forte pass him with rather ease in his first race of the year. His last 4 are as strong as any in the field, and he is as tactical as any horse in here. May well be the pick.

Reincarnate had a troubled trip in the Rebel. How troubled? It was still good to see a normal front-runner pass horses. Of the horses out of the Rebel, this was the one I wanted going forward. Johnny V comes back, and with a better break, he should be in the thick of it early. Feels like he has the pedigree and foundation to be the one to beat.

Red Route One is putting blinkers on like many have already stated. And as many others have stated, not sure I'm a fan. His best finishes have been from downtown. Of the 5, this is going to be flat kick.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)