Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: RENTS?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 02:48 AM   #32
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Being a landlord is terrible. Tenants have all the rights. I had a few, years ago. Best thing I did was to get rid of them. They trash your unit, you fight for the rent. Try evicting someone. Fixing shit that they break 24/7. You give people breaks, help them out, and get burned. I was way to nice to be in that game.
Of course we don’t really know what kind of landlord you were, or what kind of tenants you had. The previous building owner was great. Any time I had a problem, it was fixed quickly. Parking lot was plowed in a timely manner.

I have wood floors. Over the years they became worn and in not such great shape. I mentioned it to the building manager one day when he was in fixing something else. A few days later he told me that the owner was going to come look at my floors. Long story short, she had all my wood floors-bedroom, dining room, living room completely refinished. She also replaced the tile floors in the Kitchen and Entryway with a much nicer flooring.

Fast forward several years. My much loved Casey-a cat-had become quite old and not always able to find his litter box or use it properly. The result, severe, deep urine stains on the floor, particularly in the dining room. I tried covering the floor with pee pads, but it was too little, too late.

After a time Casey passed and I contacted my landlady. I asked if she could have the damage repaired and I would reimburse her since I was responsible for the damage.

It turned out refinishing would not do the job. They had to replace that portion of the floor entirely. It ended up costing me $770 which I paid off in 11 $70 installments.

My point is landlord and tenant can get along if there is mutual respect. There are bad landlords and there are bad tenants. There are also good tenants and landlords.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)