Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Louisiana Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 08:57 PM   #41
Bustin Stones

Here's my problem with the race.
The jockeys all read the past performances and understand how the pace is setting up before they run the race. And if they have a horse that needs to be near the lead I get that they have no choice but to set the race up for closers. The opposite is that they know if they don't pressure the leader in a race with no pace, they automatically lose. This was the choice of the jockeys in this race. To automatically lose. No matter the preference of one's mount, you have to take your mount out of its comfort zone or why bother entering? And if this was a nothing race, who would care. But, these owners are gambling with big money and expectations. The response that "I can't make the horse do what he isn't comfortable doing" seems dishonest. Of course you can. He may not run his best race, but at least you didn't give away the race.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)