Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 07:33 PM   #49
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
There is proof enough for me.

As an example, one of my long-time pro clients as declined to get any rebate. Cannot explain why as I've prodded him for well over a decade.

As for "substantial," there a handful of the winning players I know who live in states that make internet betting difficult to say the least. Those players typically use some jerry-rigged way of betting and get little or no rebate.

From Nevada, my rebates are mostly in the 0 to 3% range on win bets.
I believe you...but I'd like to see one of these "winners" myself before I can be fully convinced of their existence. So far, after 40 years at the tracks and the OTBs, every "winner" that I have encountered has, upon closer inspection, turned out to be only a mirage. My experience has taught me that we horseplayers can also be very competent liars.

One "big winner" that I thought I knew well - and even wrote about on this board - turned out to be a silent partner in a successful Chicago car dealership. He was pretending that he made all his income at the track, while the truth was that he was playing and losing at the track with income that he was earning elsewhere. Another more unscrupulous "big winner", who was flashing a big bankroll and large winning wagers, fled the country under the cover of darkness, and was later reported to have embezzled a large amount of money from a rich relative who had foolishly entrusted the financial control of a small shopping center to him. He is now hiding out in Greece trying to avoid the wrath of his cheated relative, and the disgust of his own wife and kids.

This game being as "secretive" as it is...the only person whom I can call with certainty a "winning player" is myself. But I would never dare to call myself a "winner"...because no sane person would pay the price that I have paid in order to beat this game after 20+ years of losing. In fact, looking back...I might be the biggest loser of them all. And I'm not exaggerating about that.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)