Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 01:07 AM   #40
romankoz

MJC922 says
" I think I handicapped 8 or 9 races today and made no bets. That's a lot of time invested, 3-4 hours looking for prime bet opportunities,
Roman Koz says
Each Saturday I am like MJC but , of course, he works differently but towards the same goal. I personally study all horses quoted at 5/2 (US $7) and less initially with a couple of rules to weed out low percentage plays. The rules vary as sometimes it is just the lower class races, others I have no great faith in distance ability and on it goes.
Usually I start with about thirty horses across the major Aus tracks but it soon whittles down to half or dozen or so that get the full treatment and from there I decide.
Earlier someone (might have been MJC) stated you have to learn how to let go/fold a winner. Oh boy, how true is that!! When I let one go and it gets beaten I cheer as loudly as when I back a winner because I have just backed a winner by saving a unit. When they win and I am not on board at least I know I was close. No bet, nothng lost.
romankoz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)