Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: any winners
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
twindouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by oexplayer68
I'm posting this for the benefit of anyone who doesn't think you can make a good living from playing the races. 2005 has proved to be a breakout year for me. To date, I have made $168,201 playing the races, and most of this has come since July when I quit my insurance job. This is not from one lucky score, or me being a "whale", because I am definitely not. Rather, a pretty consisten ROI in the low 20's, and of course the rebates have led to these profits.

With the advent of rebates, I was pretty certain I could at least break even, and grind out a profit with the rebates. My business plan called for 100K per month in total wagering, which would result in 7K in rebates. Prior to August, I had never wagered offshore, and thus was never a beneficiary of rebates or non-pooled wagers. The most powerful factor for me so far has been the fact that my wagers have not been co-mingled into the pools. It became quite obvious early on that I underestimated this in a big way. If your success depends on large exotic payoffs, this is factor alone is a huge advantage.

What is particulary gratifying is that no one had any faith that I could make a viable income from the races. Every single person I talked to, even my own mother, thought I was nuts, and would tap out sooner rather than later. There is no doubt this is the toughest game in the world to beat, but it certainly can be done, and in a big way.

I've profited every week and month since August. I also play every single race, at the track I play that day. Also, I have not made one win,place, or show wager.....which is also against conventional wisdom, or so they say. No computer stuff either, just reading the form the old-fashioned way.

So take it from me guys, making good money at the track is definitely not a pipedream. I've always wanted to be in the camp that could be this game consistently. My only hope is that the great opportunities that the internet has created (offshore wagering, rebates, ect.) do not disappear anytime soon.

I'm sure some of you will be skeptical, and that's totally fine by me. I don't have much of an ego, and debated whether to even post this. My rational behind this message is simply to say that it can be done. I myself would have had much doubt a few years ago, but I know now that it definitely is possible to make tremendous profits in this game.

Best of luck to everyone in 2006!

That 4th pargarph was music to my ears, you don't know what it means to me to hear from others that just relies on the DRF like I do. I have yet to take advantage of the rebates, been thinking about it but I still do just fine with out it. Nice to meet you oexplayer68 and continued success. It's late here, bed time. Looking forward to more posts from you.

T.D.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)