Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Arizona Downs
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threechimes View Post
Population between Prescott and Prescott Valley is around 88,000 total. We sit 92 miles from Phoenix with 1.6 million . What you are saying Craig is that because they have great management that some how they will reinvent the wheel?

The track itself sits way out in the middle of nowhere at the very least the old track in Prescott was basically downtown and did attract a good crowd but I digress that was 20 years ago. I would be interested to hear some of the ideas they have to fill seats at the track. I read they plan on racing 2 days a week? That is a huge problem right there . If they race on Saturdays and Sundays that could attract people to the facility but would severely destroy any simulcast revenue because competing against a better racing product on the weekend would be utter disaster . If they chose to race during the week say Tuesday and Wednesday . Nobody would come to the facility yet they would garner a good portion of the hard core track dollar if timed correctly between class D east coast tracks.

I assure you the weather will be a problem for them . Prescott Valley from June through August will have day time highs in the 90's with high humidity . I just fail to see any upside with this project. Yeah OTB's are great and they will end up with around 20-25 of them but they make no money. Paying a teller $12.00 an hour and having to lease the space or share the revenue when three guys are wagering $20.00 each is not a millionaire maker.

Yes I can understand you have 75 people at track today . Its Breeders Cup Day . I still say with 75 people they lose money today . That's before any horses are brought and operating costs sky rocket
Prescott Downs was a dangerous place to ride.

I believe Pat Day may have got his first win there.

Not sure why you are so negative about their endeavor. Its not easy to make it horse racing, at any venue.

I hope it works out for them, no matter how tall the odds are.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)