Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 11:50 PM   #11
Bogo

Well right now I'm trying to put most of it in a number. If a horse was parked to the lead that would be 3 points added to the TM number.

As far as driver changes I use the following formula. I take half of the drivers win% and add or subtract from the overall number.

Example 8% driver last time ( becomes 4) 18% driver today ( becomes 9). I would add 5 points to the horses number as long as I was using that race to rate the horse.

How the race is going to be run is hard for me. Ray's previous post had some good ideas on how to figure out leavers and assign or take away points. I am trying to incorporate that into my number.

You are correct that there can be so many things that you notice in a replay that are hard to put into a number. That being said, this method has put me on some live prices. It just took me a long time to figure out what price to accept and to stay away from low priced horses that appear to be so much the best on paper. Lost a lot of money doing that at the beginning.

Hopefully some other members can comment and give their thoughts.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)