Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The Zebras
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #38
ultracapper

I agree with every thing you posted, and I'm certain you're correct. Above criticism wasn't the correct way to put it. There's a meaning I'm trying to convey and I'm not finding the right way to do it. It concerns the inability to some degree to remedy a situation that the NFL just faced, and even worse, an inability to address it.................damn, not sure how to get this across.

I concur that there is no good in coaches and players in ranting about officiating, so a gag type situation is enforced on them that is apparent in post game interviews and such. You see every now and then, whether Europe or Latin America, officials being physically threatened, and sometimes, actually assaulted, that we'd never want to see associated with our professional sports.

Shit, I don't know. Professional sports are so ingrained in our social psyche, and we identify so profoundly with those that we support, that errors not to our advantage are taken as personally as if we were bodily punished by them.

I'm going on total tilt here. For crying out loud, I didn't even have a vested interest in either game, purely watched them for the entertainment I get from watching a good football game. But that one non-call has my panties in a bunch, and it's because I just can't see or accept an excuse for it not getting called, or made right. It was just a blatant wrong I think is what has me worked up. And to be honest, there were a couple other calls during the two games that I thought, come on guys in stripes, really? But I got over those and just vented a little and now.....whatever.

Last edited by ultracapper; 01-23-2019 at 03:12 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)