Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 10:56 AM   #113
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I disagree. I think the positive test alone should draw the suspension and disqualification.

I don't think there's any such thing as "proving he didn't dope the horse". If the horse tests positive, he doped the horse.

One of the reason this sport has such a big drug problem is we are always looking for reasons to indulge and excuse the trainers. And bear in mind, that's not in the written rules- the written rules say trainers are absolute insurers, not that positive tests are OK if there's an excuse.

And I don't expect trainers to accept responsibility. I expect them to lie, because as I explained a few months ago, it is literally the trainer's job to lie. If the trainer admits doping, he violates a duty to his owner to try and win the race. I don't care what Baffert's explanations are. You test positive, you are DQ'd and suspended. Let Baffert and others figure out how to not have their horses test positive.
I'm not saying the horse shouldn't be DQ or he be suspended. I just the punishment is excessive in terms of the suspension and banning from Nyra and BC races.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)