Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
If that happens the assassin will most likely be a person up in the years. A lot of older Democrats hold the Kennedy's in very high regard. I visited the grave sites at Arlington Cemetery, they get a lot of traffic, and you can just tell a lot people are star struck by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
I am an older republican who holds JFK in high regard. That most certainly does not go for Bobby or the Chappaquiddick Kid.

I agree, even though I was two when JFK died, so what I know of him just comes from reading and watching documentaries. I just started following politics when RFK was assassinated, I was all in for Richard Nixon and my parents did not discuss politics with me. If JFK's likeness ran as a Democrat today he would not have a chance in hell, that is probably why we think highly of him. From my experience the older democrats have wiped poor Mary Jo Kopechne from their minds or believed all lies that Ted concocted about fleeing the scene and leaving her to die. Ted is only buried an extra point kick away from RFK and drew just as many people standing around and praising him when I was there.

I have read up on Chappaquiddick over the years starting when it happened.
I believe none of his lies, he was with lawyers almost immediately after it happened and claimed he had not been drinking, and his actions were due to shock and concussion.

Claiming he wasn't drunk is laughable, he obviously knew the area and drove off a bridge and into a pond. He then saved himself and fled the scene. Mary Jo was found in the back seat, asphyxiated from lack of oxygen after breathing up all the air trapped in the car. There was a house with a light on a couple hundred yards from the incident where the owner was home and had a phone. That poor girl died due to the acts of a coward, who thought only about covering his own ass. I don't care what supposed good Ted did after that, to me that act shows his true character
and defines him. Always a POS as far as I was concerned, some things cannot be forgiven.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)